When it comes to selling anywhere, you want to put your best foot forward and make sure that you are going to attract buyers. Selling real estate in Costa Rica is not that much different. You need to set yourself up for success and Evoke Realty Group can help you do just that. Our team approach and affiliation with KRAIN Luxury Real Estate means that you will have access to exclusive marketing and listings. Your property will be seen by thousands of website visitors around the world and our expertise will convert those leads into a sale that maximizes profit for you.
*We respect your privacy and will never sell your information.
Important considerations for selling real estate in Costa Rica
- Pricing: Of course you want to get a great return on your investment. You also don’t want to be holding onto something forever because you are expecting too much. Pricing is one of the biggest factors that determines whether your house will sell or stay on the market. We will help you set a competitive price that will ensure your investment was profitable.
- Staging / Presentation: Your house and property needs to look amazing. You want potential buyers to see the functionality and beauty of your home and all of its surroundings. With our complimentary services, virtual buyers or those with their feet in the sand will experience all the stunning features your home has to offer.
- Marketing: Buyers need to know your property exists, and since most buyers will be International, global marketing is extremely important. Our superior marketing through reputable signage, social media, website and online presence, and international affiliate listings with KRAIN, Leading Real Estate Companies of the World, Luxury Portfolio International, Mayfair International Realty, and NAI Commercial Real Estate means your listing will be seen in 132 different countries and be presented in 18 different languages. You will be more comfortable and confident selling real estate in Costa Rica because you will have the exposure needed to make it happen.
Even in a tropical paradise, you can’t rely on a house to ‘sell itself.’ Our team at Evoke Realty and our affiliate network means you will have access to market leaders around the world. Whether you are selling on the beach, the golf course, or in the jungle, our team at Evoke Realty and KRAIN will make sure all your real estate needs are met. If you want to ensure you get top dollar for selling real estate in Costa Rica, we have the resources and reach to make that happen.
We will make sure your home and its surroundings are beautifully presented and expertly marketed to people worldwide.
To make sure the process goes smoothly, have all essential documents ready
Effective pricing, presentation, and marketing aside, you need to have all documentation ready, so the sale will go through. You don’t want a potential buyer to walk away because you can’t prove that there’s potable water on the land or electricity to the home. Some of the things you will need to present are:
- Proof there is legal water available. A basic document stating such is sufficient and you can obtain one from either
- Instituto Costarricense de Acueductos y Alcantarillados (AYA) in the municipality where the property is located, or
- ASADA, a community water administrator.
- If you have a legally registered private well, you will need documentation as well. This can also be obtained from the AYA.
- Proof of legal electric service. You will need to provide the name of the company providing electric service as well as the current contract number. You should be able to obtain documentation from your power company, such as Coopeguanacaste.
- You will also need to provide documentation that all utilities have been paid. You can get documentation from the utility company that provides your service.
- Verification that the property was built legally. Your local municipality will have copies of the building permits and licenses that were required to build your home or condo.
- Up to date property tax information. All of your property taxes need to be paid up to the closing date and this is another document you can obtain from your local municipality.
- In addition, the solidarity tax assessment (Impuesto Solidario) for houses or large condominiums will have to be paid. This tax started in 2009, so you will need to verify that payments were made from its inception up to the closing.
- Documentation from Homeowners Association or Condominium Association. If your property is registered for either you will need to provide the rules, recent minutes, a financial report, and disclosure about monthly fees and special assessments.
- You will also need to have a copy of your valid, non-expired passport, A certification of the property (Literal de Inmuebles), and a certified plot/survey of the property (Certificado Catastral).
List with us
Whether you are selling for financial reasons or just ready for your next adventure, Evoke Realty has the experience and resources to make it happen. We will make sure your property is beautifully presented, expertly marketed, and that you have everything ready to make selling a hassle-free experience. We pride ourselves on providing exceptional experience for our clients and that approach has resulted in unparalleled success. We will continue that success with you and make selling real estate in Costa Rica profitable, exciting, and stress-free.