Welcome to Evoke Realty. We are so excited to be Flamingo Costa Rica Realtors. We moved down here with our two children from Canada and have enjoyed every moment of this experience. Of course we were nervous to move abroad as well, but we love the Pura Vida lifestyle and are eager to help others realize their Costa Rican dream.
If you’ve decided to have a new adventure and move abroad, we are here to help
Some things about buying real estate in Flamingo Costa Rica are different than what you’re probably used to. We are going to highlight the key differences, so you can be fully prepared to make the best decisions for you and your family.
- Not all real estate agents are actually realtors. At this time, there are no real estate licensing laws in Costa Rica. That means that anybody can slap on a name tag, call themselves an agent, and find a property to show you. Because of this, many people have had horrible experiences with “agents” who don’t know the process and sell them a property that doesn’t have water, or isn’t properly titled, or that has a number of other issues. As your Flamingo Costa Rica Realtors, we are different. We are fully licensed realtors who have been involved in property investing for over 20 years. We have the knowledge and experience to ensure you get the best deal for the most amazing real estate in Flamingo Costa Rica.
- There is no massive database of listings here. If you are used to browsing hundreds of listings on Zillow, realtor.com, or anything like that, get ready…you will not be able to find real estate in Costa Rica that way. In addition, realtors do not have an MLS system, which means they have to establish relationships with numerous other brokers and agencies, so they can provide you with the most up to date listings. Because we have local and international affiliates through our partnership with Krain, we will always be able to show our clients numerous listings. In addition, as Flamingo Costa Rica Realtors, we are constantly working to build relationships with other agents and agencies to ensure we can show our clients with the best properties and homes available.
- The buying process is different. Of course there are different restrictions, steps, documentation needed, and questions to consider when buying a home abroad. We have an in-depth knowledge of the buying process in Costa Rica and everything you will need to consider before making a purchase. We will make sure to advise you every step of the way, so you will have a great experience.
Playa Flamingo is an amazing place to buy a home in Costa Rica
Playa Flamingo is a very unique community and the perfect place to buy a home in Costa Rica. There are great schools in the area, a lot of activities, great food, and great people.
- Schools – If you’re bringing kids with you, there are many great schools in the area. There are two schools that are accredited both in the US and in Costa Rica (La Paz Community School and Costa Rica International Academy). In addition, the international schools, Educarte and The Journey School of Costa Rica, welcome expats and have top tier academics.
- Beaches – Of course Playa Flamingo has its own beach. It got its name from the pink hue of the sand on bright, sunny days. But, because of its central location, living in Flamingo gives you quick access to many other beaches. In about 5 minutes you can get to Playa Brasilito, Playa Conchal, and Playa Portrero. If you want to venture out even farther, you can get to about 10-15 other beaches that are all within 30 minutes of Flamingo.
- Activities – There are all kinds of activities in and around Flamingo. If you love the water you can surf, snorkel, fish, boogie board, swim, rent jet skis, take a catamaran cruise, scuba dive, and do all kinds of other water sports. If you like to get out in nature there are hiking and biking trails, ATV tours, horseback rides, zip lines, and other things that will let you get up close and personal with the local flora and fauna.
- Food – There are so many restaurants and sodas that you can find any type of cuisine that you are craving. Whether you want a casado (traditional Costa Rican plate), italian, pub food, or indian food, Flamingo has it all.
- Great People – There is a good mix of Ticos and expats in Playa Flamingo and you will meet all kinds of interesting people. If you like playing football (soccer) on the beach, walking around the Feria (think farmers market), or taking a sunset boat trip, there will always be others around who want to join in.
As your Flamingo Costa Rica Realtors, we can’t wait to help you buy a home and get to know the community of Playa Flamingo
You may think, “great, more effing realtors,” but we are not the same as everyone else. We are licensed realtors with over 20 years of experience in property investment. We have an incredible team and offer numerous complimentary services to our clients. Most importantly, we guarantee that you will have the best real estate experience with us.
When you are ready to get started on your next adventure, contact Evoke Realty Group. As your Flamingo Costa Rica realtors, we will help you buy a home in Playa Flamingo and get to know this amazing community.
US/Canada Phone: 1-705-790-0665
Costa Rica Phone: 506-8780-6363